My husband and I have been so very blessed when it comes to love. That’s why I wanted to share this post, 50 Romantic Ways To Tell Your Huband You Love Him.
We’ve been through it all- miscarriage, illness, the death of a child, losing parents, too many moves to count, and the list goes on. And to top it off we work in family law which as you can imagine involves a great deal of stress and being subjected to a great deal of other people’s misery and sadness, Did I mention we now have three teens living under the same roof with us? :o)
It certainly helps that we are so very compatible and each other’s very best friend.
We make each other laugh daily through thick and thin.
It’s more than just these things though. We really work at it.
First and foremost we’re kind to each other.
I think this is a gift we’ve been given because we met after each of us had been through divorce and extreme heartbreak. I imagine it’s also a factor that we’re older and have more tolerance and patience. Back to working at it though.
When I say we work at it I mean we do little things that have a huge impact on one another.
One of my favorite books is 10,000 Ways To Say I Love You by Gregory J.P. Godek. That’s where I find some of the best inspirational material to show my husband just how much I love him. (I just bought the Kindle edition to have it on my phone so that I can find a romantic idea at a moments notice.- It just makes me feel like I’m on the ball when it comes to proving to him just how much I love him and remember loving people are loved people!:o))
Here’s a list of some of my favorites:
- Send your husband a funny e-card
- “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” Mother Teresa
- Cuddle in front of a campfire
- Get a sleeping bag made for two
- “I love him for himself alone.” Sheridan
- A note: “I know we’re soulmates because…”
- “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying.” Charles F. Gellert
- “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” Albert Einstein
- Say this: “Boy, I’m glad I met you!”
- Create an iPod library of romantic music
- Touch more
- Live every day with passion
- Practice your cuddling skills while watching TV
- “Perfection is neither possible nor necessary.” Maria Regnier Krimmel
- “One does not fall ‘in’ or ‘out’ of love. One grows in love.” Leo Buscaglia
- Give lovey-dovey greeting cards
- Send love notes via email every day for a year
- Tease your spouse in a subtly sexy way while out in public
- Swing together on playground swings
- “Loved people are loving people.” Katharine Hepburn
- Read aloud to each other in bed
- A note: “Thank you for being the father of my children.”
- Believe in your partner
- Cook dinner together
- “Life is not what you did. It’s what you are doing.” Jim Burns
- A note: “I’m uncomfortable saying this out loud, but I want you to know how I feel about you…”
- “Keep in mind this daily notion: There are no ordinary moments.” Dan Millman
- Hide a greeting card under your partner’s pillow
- Give him a red rose boutonniere to wear during your next date
- Practice forgiveness
- Encourage humor
- Remember: Romance is about the little things
- Use body paints!
- Believe in magic
- The “King for a Day” Coupon: The male coupon-holder is entitled to be treated like royalty for a twenty-four-hour period
- Stock up on romantic gifts during the Valentine season
- Remove the TV from your bedroom
- Bring home is favorite ice cream
- Do-It-Yourself Romantic Picnic: 1 loaf of bread, 1 hunk of cheese, 1 bottle of wine
- End each day together with a kiss
- Make your bedroom your romantic hideaway
- Give him a great big bear hug
- Live in the moment
- A note: Here’s something I haven’t said to you in a long, long time…”
- Get his favorite comic strip blown up to poster size
- Nibble his ear
- When he’s away, buy him an awesome easy chair
- Believe in miracles
- Get matching tattoos
- Enemy of love: Stress
I could go on and on as these are just a few of my favorites that inspire me to be a better mate and what better time to practice some of these- Valentine’s Day is just around the corner!
More from my site
Welcome. I’m Kelli and I’m really glad to meet you. I’m an adoring wife to my soulmate and mother to four precious kiddos. I’m on a mission teaching others what I’ve learned so far in this crazy thing called life. I just love love love being a mommy and next, I’m crazy about blogging and it is my fondest wish to create that same sense of joy in all those who visit my site. I am here to teach others how to do a bunch of things related to family, faith, family fun, fabulous finds for home and family, and financial freedom through the art of blogging and creating digital products. Stick with me and I’ll have you sitting pretty on top of your own domestic and blogging empire! Enjoy!:)